
I am choosing to ignore the fact that today's 50-degree weather is a portent of the hellish (literally) future that awaits us thanks to global warming, and will instead soak up some desperately needed vitamin D and some clear blue sky. Reason #423 to Hate This State: The sun never shines in winter. Not because it's snowing or anything, but because the meanness of the people here casts a cloud over all of us. But I digress. So enjoy a picture of the lovely firefly squid courtesy of PZ Myers. I don't know why so many crazy people don't realize that biology and the study of science in general increases one's reverence of the world around us.
I'm a librarian, so I talk about libraries a lot. Also, I am a playa hater.
1 comment:
Global climate change is probably going to be good for the squiddies. Aquatic mammals aren't taking the changes well, and their niche is opening up for the larger cephalopods, who are more resilient becaue of their much shorter life-cycle.
Post a Comment