Friday, December 09, 2005

Today's Secret Word

My class got out early last night so I had time to swing by and catch Al Franken pimping his new book. I'm not a fan of Air America (due to very low snark tolerance) so I haven't heard much of his show, but his talk was funny and interesting, and he got all weepy talkin' about his dad, which inclines me to think he's an all right guy. It struck me that the entertainment events I choose to go to in my free time mainly involve somebody standing up and reciting lists of facts about atrocities and what is wrong with the world, interspersed with jokes. I think maybe I need to grow a sense of humor or something.

Anyhoo, Mr. Franken used the word
biostitute, which apparently means:
A biologist who supports a company or activity that is harmful to the environment.
biostitution n.

See WordSpy for notes on usage.

1 comment:

Ticklish Ideas said...

Great coinage, biostitute. I'll carry that meme like a security blanket into my zoology final on Wednesday.